This is my Scumptious bacon and egg tart. It’s pretty simple to make and tastes delicious, especially with rainbow salad, which was in my last blog!
I hope you all enjoy it!
FEEDS: 4 PREP: 20mins TOTAL: 50mins
- 350g ready prepared short crust pasty
- 150g bacon (chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 150mls double cream
- 200ml milk
- 1tbsp chives (chopped)
- pinch of black pepper
- 100g grated cheese
- Preheat heat the oven to 190°C.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the pasty on a lightly floured surface.
- Line the loose bottomed quiche tin with the pasty.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Prick the base with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a non-stick frying pan and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until it is crisp.
- Drain the bacon on kitchen paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, chives, and freshly ground black pepper with a balloon whisk until they are thoroughly combined.
- Place the pastry case on a baking tray.
- Scatter the cooked bacon and half the cheese over the pasty base. Pour over the egg mixture, then sprinkle it with the remaining cheese.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving in slices with salad.