This is an easy no-bake cheesecake recipe which I got from ‘allrecipes.com’.
I found this very simple and fun. I made a couple of changes in the recipe,
like doubling the quantity of the base and adding a bit of lemon zest to the mixture,
to give it some more flavour.
Severs: 8 Prep: 20 mins Extra time: 1hr chilling. Ready in: 1hr 20min
150g digestive biscuits
300g cream cheese
145g icing sugar
2tsp lemon juice
450ml double cream
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter.
4. Press the mixture into a tin with a removable base
and put into the fridge to set. (Resist the temptation to
eat all the biscuits!)
5. Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice and icing sugar in a
bowl until smooth.
6. Whip the cream with vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks
and add to the cream cheese mixture, and fold it in.
8. Pour this mixture onto the biscuit base and spread it with a knife.
9. Decorate with fruit of your choice.